Dressed to Impress
A FIFA World Cup™ of Firsts
Let’s celebrate the stats!
Argentina’s Lionel Messi lifting the famous trophy for the first time, capped an amazing culmination of firsts for the region, bringing energy and excitement to the tournament of a lifetime.
The Power of Amazing
Size can be deceptive – and Qatar proved it! With a population of 2.985M (as of September 2022), and a land area of 11,571 square metres, Qatar is the smallest host country on record. Check out the numbers that really count. Mega!
Stunning branding, dressing and signage welcomed the world to Qatar, enhancing each fan’s tournament journey everywhere they looked in Qatar. Wow!
- 32 buildings in Doha were boldly adorned by the biggest names and faces from each qualified nation – transforming the picturesque skylines around Doha with energetic colours
- Qatar 2022™ saw the biggest-ever street flag dressing programme in tournament history – bringing vibrant colour across 15,000 lamppost banners and 3,500 flag poles
- A fleet of 800 public buses were brought to life with the look and feel of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- An extensive collection of 85,423 signage items was created – used across 235 sites and 442 accommodation properties
- For the first time in the history of the FIFA World Cup™ fans of each participating nation at Qatar 2022™ could pick up their team’s flag, for free, at every stadium!