A FIFA World Cup™ of Firsts
Let’s celebrate the stats!
Argentina’s Lionel Messi lifting the famous trophy for the first time, capped an amazing culmination of firsts for the region, bringing energy and excitement to the tournament of a lifetime.
The Power of Amazing
Size can be deceptive – and Qatar proved it! With a population of 2.985M (as of September 2022), and a land area of 11,571 square metres, Qatar is the smallest host country on record. Check out the numbers that really count. Mega!
There were so many things to do in so many different destinations. From international DJ mega-events to local music performances, stunning drone shows to jam-packed Fan Zones. Everywhere was the place to be. Fun-tastic!
- Over 7M visits to official Host Country fan destinations
- 1.9M visits to the FIFA Fan Festival™ in Doha
- 146 music artists performed 162 hours of live music at the FIFA Fan Festival™
- Approximately 1,001,500 people visited The Corniche from 20 November to 18 December, with the highest attendance of 235,000 visitors on 18 December
- Approximately 1,001,500 people visited Lusail Boulevard from 20 November to 18 December
- A total of 54,338 people went to MDLBeast Presents Aravia from 20 November to 18 December, with 56 artists performing during this period
- A total of 100,239 people visited Arcadia Electronic Music Festival from 20 November to 18 December
- A total of 701,463 people visited the workers’ Fan Zones in the Industrial Area and Al Khor from 20 November to 18 December
- 201 Welcome to Qatar day and night shows took place at the Corniche, from 19 November to 18 December, using 500 drones!
- The Story of Qatar 2022™ brought 2 of Doha’s iconic buildings to life through dynamic motion art projections and synced sound for 29 days