Park & Ride
There are lots of options for fans with cars to get around
All motorists drive on the right-hand side of the road. Traffic signs are bilingual, in English and Arabic. Driving without a licence is a criminal offence.
Driving with a non-Qatari licence – You can rent a car if you are 25 and above, and have held a valid driving licence for at least 12 months. Please be aware that availability of renting a car is likely to be low due to demand.
Driving with the licence of your home country – Visit or business visa holders can drive for up to 15 days from the date of entry. You need to apply for a temporary Qatar driving licence to extend this.
Driving with a GCC licence – GCC residents can drive for up to three months from the date of entry into the State of Qatar.
Driving with an international licence – Visit or business visa holders can drive for up to six months from the date of entry into the State of Qatar.
Metro Park & Ride
Parking in central Doha will be limited during tournament time. You can park your vehicle at one of the below metro stations and then take the metro into the city:
Some stations will experience a high volume of traffic during the tournament, therefore parking will be restricted.
There are three tram systems:
- Lusail Tram connects to the metro via Legtaifiya Station (Red Line). From 11 November to 20 December, the Lusail Tram will run extended services throughout the tournament:
- Saturday to Thursday: 6 AM to 3 AM
- Friday: 9 AM to 3 AM
- Education City Tram operates as a Park & Ride for matches hosted by Education City Stadium
- Msheireb Tram connects Msheireb Metro Station to landmark locations within Msheireb Downtown Doha
Karwa buses operate an extensive network across the central and greater Doha area
- Before 10 November 2022, buy a smart card from vending machines at Doha Bus Station, Hamad International Airport, some supermarkets or bus drivers upon boarding
- Keep track of timetables, routes and your smart card balance on the Karwa Bus app (iOS and Android)
- Timetables and routes are also available on the Mowasalat website
- Buses provide ramps and space for wheelchair users and pushchairs, as well as guide dog allowances
Visit Mowasalat for more information.
Note: if you are travelling to a match, please be aware that Karwa public bus services do not provide direct services to/ from stadiums. For matchday bus transport, please refer to information on Stadium Express Services.
Taxi, Uber, Careem
Easily recognised by their turquoise-coloured vehicles, Karwa taxis are metered and operate 24/7
- You can pay by cash, bank card or mobile payment
- Karwa taxis can be ordered or pre-booked via the Hayya to Qatar 2022 app, the KarwaTaxi app (available on iOS and Android), by phoning (+974) 800 8294 toll-free or hailed from the street
- Karwa taxis can accommodate people with disabilities and/ or limited mobility. To book, call Mowasalat directly on (+974) 4458 8888, providing as much advance notice as possible
For more information, visit the Mowasalat website:
Note: at stadiums and other key sites, you may be requested to head to dedicated drop-off and pick-up areas.