Hosting the FIFA World Cup™ has been a catalyst for improved accessibility
COVID-19 Travel & Return Policy for international fans attending this year’s FIFA World Cup™
Key protocols for fans travelling to Qatar
Fans attending this year’s FIFA World Cup™ are encouraged to familiarise themselves with Qatar’s COVID-19 Travel & Return Policy, which was updated by the Ministry of Public Health on 1 November 2022.
Below are the key points for international Hayya Card holders attending the tournament from 20 November to 18 December:
- Visitors arriving for the FIFA World Cup™ are no longer required to bring proof of a PCR or RAT test certificate before travelling to the State of Qatar.
- Visitors entering Qatar for the FIFA World Cup™ are not required to pre-register on the EHTERAZ contact tracing mobile application prior to arrival.
- Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 while in Qatar will be required to isolate in accordance with Ministry of Public Health guidelines.
- Qatar does not require any traveller to take a COVID-19 test before departing Qatar. However, travellers should check the requirements of their destination country and follow their specific COVID-19 travel requirements.
EHTERAZ contact tracing application:
- It is mandatory for individuals to present the health status of their EHTERAZ application when entering public and private healthcare facilities in Qatar.
- EHTERAZ download: App Store / Google Play
Visitors to Qatar can access medical care at any of the country’s private or public hospitals, medical centres, clinics and pharmacies. Emergency and urgent healthcare services will be provided for free at public hospitals for Hayya Card holders. However, the Ministry of Public Health strongly recommends visiting fans take out travel insurance (with healthcare cover) for the duration of their stay in Qatar. Click here for further information.
Fans are encouraged to check the Ministry of Public Health website for further information about Qatar’s healthcare facilities. Click here to view Qatar’s Travel & Return Policy.
Unmissable opportunity to catch up to two matches per day during group stage
Every Beautiful Game competition launched by Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy