FIFA Fan Festival™ to stage test event on 16 November
The FIFA Fan Festival™ at Al Bidda Park will host a special test event for Hayya Card holders on Wednesday 16 November.
The event will serve as the final rehearsal before the fan activation opens to the public on 19 November, ahead of the FIFA World Cup™, which takes place from 20 November to 18 December.
People who attend the test event will be entertained by a resident DJ and special Michael Jackson Show. Gates will open at 5 PM, with the show running until 10 PM. Visitors will be able to enjoy international beverages from 7-10 PM, with last orders taken at 9:30 PM. After the event, visitors will have until 11 PM to leave the site, with the Doha Metro operating until 3 AM.
The event is open to Hayya Card holders only. The Hayya Card is a mandatory requirement for FIFA World Cup™ ticket holders. It will provide access to stadiums – with a valid match ticket – and other benefits, such as free public transport during the tournament. For international fans, the Hayya Card will act as an entry permit to Qatar during the tournament.
Click here for more details on securing a Hayya Card.
The FIFA Fan Festival will be a multidimensional, inclusive event that will provide new ways for fans to celebrate their shared passion for football and experience the best in music, entertainment, local culture, food, games and lifestyle trends in a true festival environment.
This go-to destination for fans at Qatar 2022 will feature the following attractions:
- Live broadcasts of every match on giant screens, with views of Doha’s futuristic skyline in the background
- Concerts starring top global and local music acts and live works by internationally acclaimed performance artists
- A food court offering unique culinary experiences featuring local cuisine and international delicacies
- Unique football matches with FIFA Legends, in addition to interactive physical and digital football gaming stations for fans of all ages
- Innovative sponsor activations, as well as an official FIFA Store with licensed FIFA World Cup™ products
FIFA will also extend the reach of the event around the world by enabling fans to watch, experience and interact with content from the FIFA Fan Festival™ through the FIFA+ digital platform.
Throughout Qatar 2022, fans will be able to access content from the FIFA Fan Festival™ by visiting the FIFA World Cup™ page on FIFA+.
Media professionals may attend the test event as members of the public – but no professional filming or recording equipment will be permitted inside the FIFA Fan Festival.