Important transport information for fans attending the Lusail Super Cup
Roads and public transport will be busy around Lusail Stadium on 9 September
The Lusail Super Cup Organising Committee has published a series of transport updates ahead of the highly anticipated match at Lusail Stadium on Friday 9 September to ensure a smooth experience for both ticket holders and Lusail residents.
The quickest and most convenient way to attend the event will be via the Doha Metro. Lusail QNB metro station is a 7-10-minute walk from Lusail Stadium.
Fans are advised to arrive early and travel light. There are various transport options, including park and walk, park and ride, public transport, dedicated bus services and taxis.
The match will kick off at 9 PM. The gates will open four hours before kick-off.
The roads and public transport facilities around Lusail Stadium are expected to be busy between 4:30 PM and 2 AM the next morning.
Road closures and diversions will be in place around Lusail Stadium on 9 September. Lusail residents and the general public are advised to adjust their schedules accordingly.
Fans leaving the stadium after the match are advised to take their time as the transportation network will be busy.
Here are the options for travelling to Lusail Stadium:
- Lusail QNB metro station (Red Line) is close to Lusail Stadium (approximately 7-10-minute walk away).
- The Doha Metro will operate until 2 AM in order to cater for Lusail Super Cup fans.
Park & Ride
- Park & Ride shuttle bus services from car parks F and G will begin four hours before kick-off and run until 90 minutes after the final whistle.
- The Stadium Express bus service will begin four hours before kick-off and run until 90 minutes after the final whistle.
- Services will be available from the FIFA Fan Festival Bus Hub - next to the Khalifa International Tennis & Squash Complex.
- There will be drop-off/pick-up areas for taxis and ride-hail services.
- Fans using their own cars should follow the road signs with the blue ‘P’ in order to park in the general admission car parks
- Fans driving from Al Khor Expressway (South), Lusail and Meraijeel E’bound should drive to car park zone H
- Fans driving from Al Khor Expressway (North) and Meraijeel should drive to car park zones F and G
- Fans driving from Lusail Expressway and Wadi Al Banat/North Duhail should drive to car park zones C, D and E
- Fans parking in the general admission car parks are reminded to allow extra time for walking between the car park and the stadium.
- Accessible parking options and accessible public transport are available. Please speak to on-ground staff for assistance.
The following roads will be closed from 8 September until after the match:
- Lusail Boulevard
- Al Kharaej Street
- Lutwar Street
- Al Shoee Street
- Hasbat Street
- Lagmeliya Street
- Jabal Thuailab Street
- Street 130,131, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192,193 & 194
Road users who do not have VIP/Hospitality tickets are advised not to follow the VIP/Hospitality signage. The following roads will only be accessible to vehicles with a parking permit from 8 September until after the match:
- Street 130
- Street 131
- Al Tarfa Street
- Um Samra Street
- Jari Al Khail Street
- Um Al Salm Street
- Labretha Street
- Abrook Street
- Al Meroona Street
- Al Jasasiya Street
- Street 250
- Street 359
- Lusail Stadium Street
- Jo Al Rramth Street (between Al Jasasya Street and Labseer Street)
Lusail residents should note that closed roads will be open to pedestrians only. The Ministry of Interior will be monitoring vehicle access during the road closure period.
For the latest transport updates, follow @roadto2022news on social media.