Qatar 2022: Transport options for all eight stadiums
Qatar 2022 organisers are encouraging fans to plan their journeys carefully before attending matches during the FIFA World Cup™.
A host of travel information has been posted on the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy’s website, including:
- Travel guide for all eight stadiums
- Central Doha
- Day-to-day travel
The opening match will take place at Al Bayt Stadium on 20 November when hosts Qatar face Ecuador (kick-off 7 PM). During the remainder of the group stage, from 21 November to 2 December, four matches a day will be held during the tournament.
Fans are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the various transport options and plan their journeys well ahead of time.
While local residents are advised to travel by car to matches, international visitors are encouraged to use public transport, including the Doha Metro and various bus services. The Stadium Express bus services will offer the quickest journeys to and from stadiums.
Fans should note that every transport option will involve walking for a minimum of 15 minutes from the drop-off spot to the stadium, whether by car, metro or bus. Fans are advised to take water for the journey.
Below are the transport options:
Five stadiums – Ahmad Bin Ali, Education City, Khalifa International, Lusail and Stadium 974 – are each located within walking distance of a metro station. The remaining three, Al Bayt, Al Janoub and Al Thumama will operate shuttle bus services from the nearest metro stations on match days.
Closest metro stations to stadiums:
- Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium: Al Riffa Mall of Qatar (Green Line), plus 10-minute walk
- Education City Stadium: Education City (Green Line), plus 10-minute walk
- Khalifa International Stadium: Sport City (Gold Line), plus 10-minute walk
- Lusail Stadium: Lusail QNB (Red Line), plus 15-minute walk
- Stadium 974: Ras Bu Abboud (Gold Line), plus 15-minute walk
- Al Bayt: Lusail QNB (Red Line), plus 25-minute shuttle bus & 15-minute walk
- Al Janoub: Al Wakra (Red Line), plus 15-minute shuttle bus & 10-minute walk
- Al Thumama: Free Zone (Red Line), plus 20-minute shuttle bus & 25-minute walk
Stadium Express Buses
Stadium Express bus services will be operated from five locations: Barwa Madinatna, Souq Waqif – North, FIFA Fan Festival™, West Bay and Barwa Barahat Al Janoub.
Residents are encouraged to drive to matches. Be prepared to walk for a minimum of 20 minutes after parking your vehicle.
Park and ride services will be available at Education City, Stadium 974 and Lusail. Fans will be able to take the Education City Tram from one of the park and ride areas.
Taxi, Uber and Careem services
Drop-off and pick-up areas will be located close to all eight stadiums. Be prepared to walk for a minimum of 20 minutes after being dropped off.
Fans should note that all transport services will begin four hours before kick-off and run until 1.5 hours after the final whistle.
Click here to view the latest transport information in relation to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™.
Follow @Roadto2022Go on Twitter for the latest updates.