Terms & Conditions
- To help Challenge 22 in the evaluation and analysis of projects, applicants agree that Challenge 22 may use, copy, and otherwise deal with all applications, documents, communications and associated materials submitted to Challenge 22 during the application process (collectively, “submission materials”). Specifically, Challenge 22 may share the submission materials with other partners, funding partners, and potential funding partners.
- The applications may be subject to confidential external review by independent subject-matter experts and potential co-funders, in addition to analysis by Challenge 22. Please carefully consider the information included in the submission materials. If you have any doubts about the wisdom of disclosure of confidential or proprietary information, we recommend you consult with legal counsel and take any steps you deem necessary to protect your intellectual property. You may wish to consider whether such information is critical for evaluating the submission, or whether more general, non-confidential information may be adequate for these purposes.
- By taking part in the programme, applicants agree that their personal details will be included in a database owned by the Challenge 22 programme, which will be the exclusive custodian of these details for managing the programme. Challenge 22 will not sell or distribute applicants’ personal data to third parties.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY
- By providing any submission materials, the applicant warrants to the Challenge 22 programme that they have the right to provide the information submitted. Applicants with questions concerning the contents of their submission materials may contact us at [email protected] and a member of the Challenge 22 programme will reply within two working days.
- All applicants hereby guarantee that their organisation, or they themselves, originated the application/ proposed solution, and will not hold Challenge 22 programme liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES AND CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMME
- Submission of an application does not create a contractual relationship between the applicant and the SC or its partners.
- Furthermore, all applicants acknowledge that all terms of this application are subject to change. In particular, the administrators of Challenge 22 reserve the right, at their sole discretion and without notice, to:
a. Cancel any of the listed focus areas at any time and for any reason.
b. Amend and re-issue new focus areas at any time and for any reason.
c. Accept or reject any application that is non-conforming because it does not meet the eligibility criteria or does not comply with the application instructions.
d. Not fund any application with proposed activities that might be prejudicial to relations between Qatar and other countries.
e. Disqualify any application at any stage where there is an indication that the application was, in any way, plagiarised.
f. Accept or reject any or all applications, regardless of an application’s ranking based on the evaluation criteria, with or without cause or notice providing an explanation.
g. Decide upon the number of selections and grants they will make through the programme.
h. Verify any information provided by applicants through independent research or by contacting third parties deemed to be reliable by the Challenge 22 programme and use that information to inform any Challenge 22 decision.
i. Modify eligibility and evaluation criteria, including but not limited to criteria assessed at the screening stage, at any time.
j. Not provide any feedback regarding the reasons for an application being selected or not selected.
k. Request additional documentation and verify any submitted documentation, at any time.
COMMUNICATION AND ADVERTISING
- Challenge 22 reserves the right to publicise the applicants and the winning projects by means of any kind of communication (internal and/ or commercial advertising), through any promotional media (press, magazines, catalogues, websites etc.). This communication may be in the form of images, recordings (audio and video) and text supplied by each of the applicants and the winning projects.
- Successful applicants agree to give full access to and facilitate, when necessary, the film production and innovation assessment conducted by the Challenge 22 programme.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Applying for Challenge 22 implies full acceptance of these rules by the applicants.
- Interpretation of these rules falls within the exclusive competence of Challenge 22.
- Doubts related to the online application, these terms & conditions or Challenge 22 itself can be communicated to [email protected].
- These terms & conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with Qatari law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Qatar.