Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy ("SC", "we", "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The information that we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you give us. For example, information you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to any services under the Website, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website. In addition, it may include for example, your name, address, email address and telephone number; information about your relationship with SC; information about your professional role, background and interests; and information relating to an onsite event you want to attend;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information which you provide to us by completing surveys or polls, and which we use for research purposes. You do not have to respond to these surveys; and
The information that we may collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile contact details. Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from persons under the age of 18 ("Minors"). We do not take specific steps to protect the privacy of Minors who disclose their personal identifying information to us and we shall take all reasonable steps required of us to protect the rights of Minors and their privacy under applicable laws and regulations, including the laws of the State of Qatar.
How do we use your information?
By using the Website, you agree that your information may be used by us and by carefully selected third parties chosen by us for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Website;
- to operate, administer and improve our websites and premises and other aspects of the way in which we conduct our operations;
- to protect the security of our premises;
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with you or the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions;
- to send you details (including by post, phone, fax, email or SMS) of products and services which we think may interest you, unless you inform us in writing that you do not want to receive these details;
- to manage any account that you hold with us;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and bring and defend legal claims; and
We will not sell or rent your personal data without your consent.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing
purposes, you will be given the opportunity to tick the relevant box situated on the form or page on which we collect your data. You can also opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by following the directions contained in any correspondence to unsubscribe or by contacting us using the Contact Us link, or by writing to Digital Marketing – Marketing Department, 33rd Floor, Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, Al Bidda Tower, P.O. Box 62022, Doha, State of Qatar.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We will only process your personal information as necessary so that we can pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes. In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information.
We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information. Otherwise you should assume that we need the information for our business or compliance purposes (as described above). If you are uncertain as to the SC's need for information that we request from you, please contact the SC representative asking for the information, or Contact us (see below), with your query.
Disclosure and international transfer of your information
We may disclose personal information about you, where reasonably necessary for the various purposes set out above:
- to your colleagues within the organisation that you represent;
- to service providers who host our websites or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under strict conditions of confidentiality and security;
- to partners who run any events that you sign up to through our websites; or
- to a person who takes over our business and assets, or relevant parts of them.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. If you are dealing with us within the European Economic Area (or the UK, after it has left the European Economic Area), you should be aware that this may include transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area / UK, which do not have similarly strict data privacy laws. In those cases, where we transfer personal data to our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by appropriate safeguards or agreements on terms approved for this purpose by the European Commission.
Please Contact Us if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or, if so, to see a copy.
Where do we store your personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the State of Qatar. Such data may also be processed by persons operating anywhere in the world who work for us, our affiliates or for one of our third party service providers. By accessing the Website and/or submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use reasonable efforts to protect your personal data and have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention and deletion of your information
We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it. Specific information about our record retention policies is available on request. Please Contact Us.
Note that we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organisation that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again, representing a different organisation.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please Contact us as set out below.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country, where you live or work, or the location where the data protection issue arose
Changes to this policy